Israel`s military chief to visit Auschwitz
Jerusalem: The Israeli military says its chief of staff will head a delegation to a Holocaust memorial at the site of the Nazi death camp Auschwitz.
Lt Gen Benny Gantz, the son of Holocaust survivors, left for Poland today as Israel prepared for its Holocaust and Heroism Remembrance Day commemorations.
Six million Jews were systematically murdered by German Nazis and their collaborators in the Holocaust of World War II, wiping out a third of world Jewry.
The Israeli military said Gantz will be welcomed in a military ceremony.
Gantz will later meet with Poland`s defence minister and chief of staff.
He will place a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Warsaw, the military said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'