Israel`s Mossad agent killed in bike accident
Jerusalem: An agent with Israel`s Mossad who commanded hundreds of covert missions in two decades of service was killed Monday in a biking accident, a media report said.
Giora Tzahor, 70, was critically wounded Monday when hit by a truck while cycling near his home north of Tel Aviv, and died hours later, Xinhua quoted the Yediot Aharonot daily as saying.
Prior to joining Mossad, Tzahor received one of the highest decorations awarded by the Israeli military.
He volunteered for service with Mossad six years later and was assigned to Caesarea, the agency`s elite special operations division, following the completion of his training.
The Israeli defense ministry banned the media from publishing Tzahor`s photograph despite the fact that he had retired from the Mossad in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security