Israel`s Mossad agent killed in bike accident
Jerusalem: An agent with Israel`s Mossad who commanded hundreds of covert missions in two decades of service was killed Monday in a biking accident, a media report said.
Giora Tzahor, 70, was critically wounded Monday when hit by a truck while cycling near his home north of Tel Aviv, and died hours later, Xinhua quoted the Yediot Aharonot daily as saying.
Prior to joining Mossad, Tzahor received one of the highest decorations awarded by the Israeli military.
He volunteered for service with Mossad six years later and was assigned to Caesarea, the agency`s elite special operations division, following the completion of his training.
The Israeli defense ministry banned the media from publishing Tzahor`s photograph despite the fact that he had retired from the Mossad in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal