Israel`s Mossad agent killed in bike accident
Jerusalem: An agent with Israel`s Mossad who commanded hundreds of covert missions in two decades of service was killed Monday in a biking accident, a media report said.
Giora Tzahor, 70, was critically wounded Monday when hit by a truck while cycling near his home north of Tel Aviv, and died hours later, Xinhua quoted the Yediot Aharonot daily as saying.
Prior to joining Mossad, Tzahor received one of the highest decorations awarded by the Israeli military.
He volunteered for service with Mossad six years later and was assigned to Caesarea, the agency`s elite special operations division, following the completion of his training.
The Israeli defense ministry banned the media from publishing Tzahor`s photograph despite the fact that he had retired from the Mossad in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?