Israel`s Mossad agent killed in bike accident
Jerusalem: An agent with Israel`s Mossad who commanded hundreds of covert missions in two decades of service was killed Monday in a biking accident, a media report said.
Giora Tzahor, 70, was critically wounded Monday when hit by a truck while cycling near his home north of Tel Aviv, and died hours later, Xinhua quoted the Yediot Aharonot daily as saying.
Prior to joining Mossad, Tzahor received one of the highest decorations awarded by the Israeli military.
He volunteered for service with Mossad six years later and was assigned to Caesarea, the agency`s elite special operations division, following the completion of his training.
The Israeli defense ministry banned the media from publishing Tzahor`s photograph despite the fact that he had retired from the Mossad in 1993.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt