Israel’s Mossad ‘tried’ to kill Saddam: Documentary
Washington: Israeli’s intelligence agency Mossad tried and failed to kill Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein with a book bomb in the 1970s, a new documentary has revealed.
The film titled ‘Sealed Lips’, said that the notoriously paranoid Hussein refused to open the package containing the book himself, and instead had another Iraqi official open it.
According to ABC News, Brigadier-General Tzuri Sagi, the mastermind of the alleged operation, told filmmakers the device was prepared by an Israeli bombmaker identified only as "Natan."
The movie also revealed that Mossad also used a letter-bomb in a failed hit on Nazi Alois Brunner, Adolf Eichmann`s right-hand man in the extermination of Jews, the report said.
According to the report, the Mossad has a rich history of targeted assassinations, mainly against Palestinian faction leaders.
In the 1970s, Israeli agents killed a member of Black September, which was responsible for the 1972 Olympics massacre, by detonating his telephone, the report said.
Most recently, a hit squad made up of dozens of men and women traveling on fake passports and wearing disguises that included wigs and tennis outfits were believed to have assassinated Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhouh in his Dubai hotel room in 2010, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered