Israel’s Mossad ‘tried’ to kill Saddam: Documentary
Washington: Israeli’s intelligence agency Mossad tried and failed to kill Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein with a book bomb in the 1970s, a new documentary has revealed.
The film titled ‘Sealed Lips’, said that the notoriously paranoid Hussein refused to open the package containing the book himself, and instead had another Iraqi official open it.
According to ABC News, Brigadier-General Tzuri Sagi, the mastermind of the alleged operation, told filmmakers the device was prepared by an Israeli bombmaker identified only as "Natan."
The movie also revealed that Mossad also used a letter-bomb in a failed hit on Nazi Alois Brunner, Adolf Eichmann`s right-hand man in the extermination of Jews, the report said.
According to the report, the Mossad has a rich history of targeted assassinations, mainly against Palestinian faction leaders.
In the 1970s, Israeli agents killed a member of Black September, which was responsible for the 1972 Olympics massacre, by detonating his telephone, the report said.
Most recently, a hit squad made up of dozens of men and women traveling on fake passports and wearing disguises that included wigs and tennis outfits were believed to have assassinated Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhouh in his Dubai hotel room in 2010, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez