Israel`s PM freezes ice cream expenditure
Jerusalem: Following an Israeli newspaper`s scoop, the country`s Prime Minister has "frozen" his annual ice cream budget.
Benjamin Netanyahu`s office on Sunday said once he was made aware of the state-financed contract issued to purchase ice cream from his favourite Jerusalem parlour he ordered it stopped immediately. Netanyahu called the contract "excessive and unacceptable”.
The Israel economic publication "Calcalist" published a list of items on the Prime Minister`s annual expense budget, including USD 2,700 for ice cream.
Following the publication, Israelis flocked to the "Metudela" ice cream shop near the Prime Minister`s residence to check out his alleged favourite flavours: pistachio and vanilla.
The Prime Minister`s office said the cost included hosting high-ranking officials at the official residence. Still, it offered a rare peek into the personal life of the private Netanyahu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read