Israel`s PM freezes ice cream expenditure
Jerusalem: Following an Israeli newspaper`s scoop, the country`s Prime Minister has "frozen" his annual ice cream budget.
Benjamin Netanyahu`s office on Sunday said once he was made aware of the state-financed contract issued to purchase ice cream from his favourite Jerusalem parlour he ordered it stopped immediately. Netanyahu called the contract "excessive and unacceptable”.
The Israel economic publication "Calcalist" published a list of items on the Prime Minister`s annual expense budget, including USD 2,700 for ice cream.
Following the publication, Israelis flocked to the "Metudela" ice cream shop near the Prime Minister`s residence to check out his alleged favourite flavours: pistachio and vanilla.
The Prime Minister`s office said the cost included hosting high-ranking officials at the official residence. Still, it offered a rare peek into the personal life of the private Netanyahu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'