Israel`s PM freezes ice cream expenditure
Jerusalem: Following an Israeli newspaper`s scoop, the country`s Prime Minister has "frozen" his annual ice cream budget.
Benjamin Netanyahu`s office on Sunday said once he was made aware of the state-financed contract issued to purchase ice cream from his favourite Jerusalem parlour he ordered it stopped immediately. Netanyahu called the contract "excessive and unacceptable”.
The Israel economic publication "Calcalist" published a list of items on the Prime Minister`s annual expense budget, including USD 2,700 for ice cream.
Following the publication, Israelis flocked to the "Metudela" ice cream shop near the Prime Minister`s residence to check out his alleged favourite flavours: pistachio and vanilla.
The Prime Minister`s office said the cost included hosting high-ranking officials at the official residence. Still, it offered a rare peek into the personal life of the private Netanyahu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir