Israel`s PM freezes ice cream expenditure
Jerusalem: Following an Israeli newspaper`s scoop, the country`s Prime Minister has "frozen" his annual ice cream budget.
Benjamin Netanyahu`s office on Sunday said once he was made aware of the state-financed contract issued to purchase ice cream from his favourite Jerusalem parlour he ordered it stopped immediately. Netanyahu called the contract "excessive and unacceptable”.
The Israel economic publication "Calcalist" published a list of items on the Prime Minister`s annual expense budget, including USD 2,700 for ice cream.
Following the publication, Israelis flocked to the "Metudela" ice cream shop near the Prime Minister`s residence to check out his alleged favourite flavours: pistachio and vanilla.
The Prime Minister`s office said the cost included hosting high-ranking officials at the official residence. Still, it offered a rare peek into the personal life of the private Netanyahu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'