Issue of cyber-attacks raised with Chinese leadership: US
Washington: Asserting that there has been "substantial and growing" concern over cyber-attacks emanating from China, the US Wednesday said that it has raised the issue with the Chinese leadership at the highest level.
"The United States has substantial and growing concerns about the threats to US economic and national security posed by cyber intrusions including the theft of commercial information," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
He said that the Obama Administration has been raising this issue at highest level.
"We have repeatedly raised our concerns at the highest levels about cyber-theft with senior Chinese officials, including in the military, and we will continue to do so. This is a very important challenge," Carney said.
"It is one the president has been working on and urging Congress to take action on for quite some time, and he`ll continue to do that," he said.
"The US and China are among the world`s largest cyber-actors, and it is vital that we continue a sustained, meaningful dialogue, and work together to develop an understanding of acceptable behaviour in cyberspace," he added.
Carney was responding to questions on a latest report according to which a unit of the Chinese army based in Shanghai is behind cyber-attacks in the US.
State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said, led by the White House, the US Government is working in an interagency way to strengthen the defence of US government networks and to protect its critical infrastructure.
"We`ve also regularly and repeatedly raised our concerns at the highest level with the Chinese government about cyber theft, including with senior Chinese officials and the military. We`ll continue to do that. It comes up in virtually every meeting we have with Chinese officials," she said.
"We have raised our concern at the highest level about cyber-threats from China, including the involvement of the military," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC