Istanbul to host next Iran N-talks on July 3
Moscow: New talks over Iran`s nuclear energy between Tehran and five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany (Group 5+1) will be held in Istanbul July 3, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said Tuesday.
The Moscow talks between Iran and Group 5+1 ended Tuesday. EU foreign policy Chief Catherine Ashton headed the Group 5+1 delegation and Iran`s team of negotiators was headed by Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) secretary Saeed Jalili.
On Monday, Catherine Ashton said that the talks in Moscow were more constructive than previous talks in Baghdad had been.
"A new meeting of the Group 5+1 over Iran has been agreed. The next meeting is scheduled for July 3 and will be held in Istanbul," Ryabkov said.
The head of Iran`s delegation, Saeed Jalili, said the world community must acknowledge that Tehran has the right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes and called for sanctions against the Islamic Republic be removed.
"It is crucial to emphasize that Iran has the right to the peaceful enrichment of uranium...But we are, however, expect that the measures taken against Iran will be removed," Jalili said after the two-day round ended in Moscow.
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- Twitterati blast Arvind Kejriwal for mocking PM Narendra Modi - Know why Delhi CM came under fire
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader