Italian embassy staffer kidnapped in Yemen
Sana`a: A staff member at the Italian Embassy in Yemen has been kidnapped by armed men from the capital city of Sana`a, Xinhua reported.
The Italian was taken to an unknown location, said an official from Yemen`s Interior Ministry.
Yemen has long been hit by kidnapping of foreigners by powerful tribesmen and terrorists who seek ransom or the release of their jailed mates.
A French aid worker who was kidnapped by gunmen in the western port city of Hodayda was released earlier this month.
Kidnappers still hold a Swiss woman and a Saudi diplomat, demanding the release of al Qaeda militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee