Italian PM appears in public after surgery
Rome: A huge adhesive bandage on his face, Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi has made his first public appearance since undergoing jaw surgery earlier this week.
Berlusconi attended a defence meeting on Wednesday, two days after the surgery in Milan to repair damage from an attack in 2009, when a man hurled a statuette at him during a political rally.
The attack left the Premier with a broken nose and two broken teeth.
The 74-year-old Italian leader had a bandage on his left cheek as he attended the defence meeting in Rome.
The operation forced the cancellation of a meeting with Israel`s foreign minister, as Berlusconi rested in his villa near Milan. He is expected to attend a Cabinet meeting on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress