Italian PM appears in public after surgery
Rome: A huge adhesive bandage on his face, Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi has made his first public appearance since undergoing jaw surgery earlier this week.
Berlusconi attended a defence meeting on Wednesday, two days after the surgery in Milan to repair damage from an attack in 2009, when a man hurled a statuette at him during a political rally.
The attack left the Premier with a broken nose and two broken teeth.
The 74-year-old Italian leader had a bandage on his left cheek as he attended the defence meeting in Rome.
The operation forced the cancellation of a meeting with Israel`s foreign minister, as Berlusconi rested in his villa near Milan. He is expected to attend a Cabinet meeting on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption