Italian PM appears in public after surgery
Rome: A huge adhesive bandage on his face, Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi has made his first public appearance since undergoing jaw surgery earlier this week.
Berlusconi attended a defence meeting on Wednesday, two days after the surgery in Milan to repair damage from an attack in 2009, when a man hurled a statuette at him during a political rally.
The attack left the Premier with a broken nose and two broken teeth.
The 74-year-old Italian leader had a bandage on his left cheek as he attended the defence meeting in Rome.
The operation forced the cancellation of a meeting with Israel`s foreign minister, as Berlusconi rested in his villa near Milan. He is expected to attend a Cabinet meeting on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash