Italian PM appears in public after surgery
Rome: A huge adhesive bandage on his face, Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi has made his first public appearance since undergoing jaw surgery earlier this week.
Berlusconi attended a defence meeting on Wednesday, two days after the surgery in Milan to repair damage from an attack in 2009, when a man hurled a statuette at him during a political rally.
The attack left the Premier with a broken nose and two broken teeth.
The 74-year-old Italian leader had a bandage on his left cheek as he attended the defence meeting in Rome.
The operation forced the cancellation of a meeting with Israel`s foreign minister, as Berlusconi rested in his villa near Milan. He is expected to attend a Cabinet meeting on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- HORRIFIC! Man kills wife, her 3 daughters, lives with their bodies for two days in Chennai
- Dolled up in pastel! Aditi Rao Hydari puts her best foot forward at IIFA 2016
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- Texas mother fatally shoots 2 daughters; police kill her
- Brexit, a sign of anti-elite revolt: analysts