Italian PM denies deaths of Gaddafi`s son, grandchildren
Rome: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has denied reports that Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s son and three grandchildren were killed in a NATO air strike earlier this month, Italy`s Ansa news agency reported.
Libyan state-run JANA news agency earlier reported that the NATO air strike on a wealthy residential area in Tripoli on May 01 killed Gaddafi`s youngest son, Saif al-Arab, 29.
The air strike on Gaddafi`s house, according to the agency, also killed three of his grandchildren as well as several friends and neighbours.
"Gaddafi`s youngest son is not in Libya and is living in another country just like his three grandchildren," Berlusconi said adding that earlier reports were nothing but propaganda of the Libyan regime.
The latest revolt against Libya leader Gaddafi`s 40-year rule began in mid-February. It has already claimed thousands of lives, with Gaddafi`s troops maintaining their combat capabilities despite NATO air strikes against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video