Italian PM to write memoir on his private life
Milan: Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who has been linked with a string of young women, has said he may write a memoir on his liaisons.
Reacting to claims by Italian footballer Antonio Cassano in a book that he had had sex with 600 women, Berlusconi exclaimed: "Hats off to you!"
"Do you want to know if I have had more women?" the 74-year-old Prime Minister asked guests at a dinner to celebrate his club AC Milan`s victory in the Berlusconi Trophy.
"Well, if you do, I am not going to tell you. I will write about my encounters in a diary like Mussolini did," Berlusconi said, referring to Italian dictator Benito Mussolini (1883-1945), according to La Stampa daily.
Berlusconi has been charged with organising erotic parties at his villa in Arcore and other residences, and having paid sex with numerous young women. One of them includes teenage Moroccan nightclub dancer Karima El Mahroug, nicknamed Ruby.
The Prime Minister is on trial for allegedly paying for sex with El Mahroug, as well as abuse of office.
Both Berlusconi and El Mahroug deny they had sex. She, however, admits receiving money and gifts from him.
The Prime Minister has also been linked to teenage underwear model Noemi Letizia and prostitute Patrizia D`Addario.
D`Addario claims she was paid to spend a night with Berlusconi at his Rome residence in November 2008 and that she had taped their encounters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family