Italian PM trial: Ruby `can`t wait` to tell her story
Milan: The Moroccan teenager at the centre of a sex scandal involving Italy`s billionaire Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi says she`s "can`t wait" to tell her version of events when she testifies in a Milan courtroom at the end of this month.
"I can`t wait to appear in court, seeing that journalists won`t listen to me," said exotic dancer Karima El Mahroug, better known by her stage name Ruby the Heart Stealer.
El Mahroug, 18, made her comments after being spotted by reporters in Milan.
Berlusconi is standing trial in Milan for allegedly paying El Mahroug to have sex last year when she was a minor. While paying for sex in the country is not illegal, it becomes a crime when the prostitute is below 18 years of age. El Mahroug was 17 when the alleged crime took place.
El Mahroug says she never had sex with the 74-year-old politician. Berlusconi - also accused of abuse of office for using his position as prime minister to try to cover up the suspected crime - denies any wrongdoing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday