Italian PM’s dental nurse to be charged for recruiting prostitutes
London: Prosecutors have recommended criminal charges be slapped against a glamorous former dental hygienist appointed regional councillor by Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for procuring prostitutes for his ``bunga bunga`` parties.
Nicole Minetti, 25, is one of three of Berlusconi`s closest associates facing allegations which are part of the same probe involving a teenage prostitute allegedly paid for sex by the controversial politician, reports the Daily Mail.
Minetti, whose mother is British, is said to have recruited dozens of attractive young women for Berlusconi.
Prosecutors claimed that Minetti, who was also a former TV star, hired the women along with two others who are also facing the same charge - TV news anchorman Emilio Fede and showbiz agent Lele Mora.
Minetti and the other two involved are said to have recruited 33 girls for the parties - all attractive TV stars, beauty queens or models and among them was belly dancer Karima El Mahroug.
Prosecutors said that at the time she was just 17 years old and the Prime Minister paid her with cash and jewellery - as were the other girls - in return for sex.
“We have requested that Nicole Minetti, Emilio Fede and Lele Mora be sent for trial on charges of procuring adult and juvenile prostitutes in Milan between September 2009 and May 2010,” Milan prosecutor Edmondo Bruti Liberati said in a statement.
Minetti, Fede and Mora all deny the charges and like Berlusconi claim the parties were innocent dinners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened