Italian police arrest two people over slush funds
Rome:Italian police Monday arrested two former officials of the government-controlled Finmeccanica, Italy`s biggest defence and aerospace group, in an investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption, media reported.
lorenzo borgogni, former director of external relations for finmeccanica, and stefano carlini, chief operating officer subsidiary selex, were arrested along with two entrepreneurs in rome, xinhua reported.
the investigation, part a long-running case involving centered on allegations that slush funds set up foreign tax havens to pay secret commissions.
The slush funds were allegedly established through a system of false invoices created by companies controlled by the group. Police seized 28 bank accounts and two safe boxes, according to ANSA news agency.
The former chairman of Finmeccanica, Pier Francesco Guarguaglini, was also put under investigation in the case, ANSA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?