Italian priest arrested for alleged child abuse
Rome: A 73-year-old Italian priest has been arrested in Milan for allegedly abusing a foreign teenager over three years, claimed reports on Wednesday.
Domenico Pezzini, from the diocese of Lodi, was arrested on Monday over allegations that he sexually abused the alleged victim from the age of 13 to 16.
The alleged victim, who is now an adult, could have been helped financially by the priest.
He had apparently confided to his teachers of the alleged abuse. The teachers found him disturbed.
During a search in the residence of Pezzini, who is well-known in homosexual circles as the coordinator of gay groups studying the question of homosexuality and religion, police found pornographic material, the news agency said.
The Vatican has been under attack recently over allegations that the Church has for years been protecting paedophile priests from prosecution by merely moving abusers to other parishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’