Italian priest arrested for alleged child abuse
Rome: A 73-year-old Italian priest has been arrested in Milan for allegedly abusing a foreign teenager over three years, claimed reports on Wednesday.
Domenico Pezzini, from the diocese of Lodi, was arrested on Monday over allegations that he sexually abused the alleged victim from the age of 13 to 16.
The alleged victim, who is now an adult, could have been helped financially by the priest.
He had apparently confided to his teachers of the alleged abuse. The teachers found him disturbed.
During a search in the residence of Pezzini, who is well-known in homosexual circles as the coordinator of gay groups studying the question of homosexuality and religion, police found pornographic material, the news agency said.
The Vatican has been under attack recently over allegations that the Church has for years been protecting paedophile priests from prosecution by merely moving abusers to other parishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital