Italian priest arrested for alleged child abuse
Rome: A 73-year-old Italian priest has been arrested in Milan for allegedly abusing a foreign teenager over three years, claimed reports on Wednesday.
Domenico Pezzini, from the diocese of Lodi, was arrested on Monday over allegations that he sexually abused the alleged victim from the age of 13 to 16.
The alleged victim, who is now an adult, could have been helped financially by the priest.
He had apparently confided to his teachers of the alleged abuse. The teachers found him disturbed.
During a search in the residence of Pezzini, who is well-known in homosexual circles as the coordinator of gay groups studying the question of homosexuality and religion, police found pornographic material, the news agency said.
The Vatican has been under attack recently over allegations that the Church has for years been protecting paedophile priests from prosecution by merely moving abusers to other parishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev