Italian thief dons blue tuxedo for armed heists: Reports
Rome: An Italian thief decided to carry out his crime in style by holding up two shops at gunpoint wearing an elegant blue tuxedo, local newspapers reported on Sunday.
The thief, who was around 30-years-old according to witnesses, committed the heists in his evening wear yesterday before making his escape on a scooter with a booty of just under 1,000 euros (USD 1,328), the reports said.
Employees at the Eurospin and Lidl shops in the Rome suburb of Torre Spaccata said the thief looked very elegant but the outfit was a poor disguise, especially considering the current heat wave in Rome.
"We were robbed about a month ago as well. The check-out girl knew something was up this time because the man was wearing a tuxedo and a scarf, which is not the sort of thing you wear when it`s 40 degrees C in the shade," an employee at Lidl told Il Tempo daily.
Police said they were hoping video surveillance tapes would help them catch the thief, who had not bothered to cover his face.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!