Italian vessel with 6 Indians hijacked by pirates
Rome: An Italian vessel carrying 23 crew,
including Indians, was hijacked by five pirates about 620
miles east of the Somali coast today, the D`Alesio shipping
The owners of the M/V Montecristo said the crew comprised
Italian, Ukrainian and Indian nationals, adding it was
"actively collaborating with all the related Italian and
international authorities to respond to the emergency."
"There has been no contact with the ship 1014 IST this
morning," when the captain sent a message saying the vessel
was under attack and he had activated "the security operating
"After 10 hours without news, we can consider the ship
hijacked," a spokesman from the Livorno-based company said.
Italy`s foreign ministry said it was in contact with the
shipping company and was closely monitoring the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion