Italian vessel with 6 Indians hijacked by pirates
Rome: An Italian vessel carrying 23 crew,
including Indians, was hijacked by five pirates about 620
miles east of the Somali coast today, the D`Alesio shipping
The owners of the M/V Montecristo said the crew comprised
Italian, Ukrainian and Indian nationals, adding it was
"actively collaborating with all the related Italian and
international authorities to respond to the emergency."
"There has been no contact with the ship 1014 IST this
morning," when the captain sent a message saying the vessel
was under attack and he had activated "the security operating
"After 10 hours without news, we can consider the ship
hijacked," a spokesman from the Livorno-based company said.
Italy`s foreign ministry said it was in contact with the
shipping company and was closely monitoring the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'