Italy: 6 die as train slams into car on tracks
Rome: Italian authorities say six people have died when a regional train slammed into a car that crossed the tracks.
Marco Mancini, spokesman for the Italian state railways, says all those killed were riding in the car, which was struck today afternoon. No one aboard the train was injured.
The incident occurred near Cosenza, a southern city in Reggio Calabria, in the "toe" of boot-shaped Italy.
Italian news reports said most of those killed were Romanian farm workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read