Italy: 6 die as train slams into car on tracks
Rome: Italian authorities say six people have died when a regional train slammed into a car that crossed the tracks.
Marco Mancini, spokesman for the Italian state railways, says all those killed were riding in the car, which was struck today afternoon. No one aboard the train was injured.
The incident occurred near Cosenza, a southern city in Reggio Calabria, in the "toe" of boot-shaped Italy.
Italian news reports said most of those killed were Romanian farm workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation