Italy: 6 die as train slams into car on tracks
Rome: Italian authorities say six people have died when a regional train slammed into a car that crossed the tracks.
Marco Mancini, spokesman for the Italian state railways, says all those killed were riding in the car, which was struck today afternoon. No one aboard the train was injured.
The incident occurred near Cosenza, a southern city in Reggio Calabria, in the "toe" of boot-shaped Italy.
Italian news reports said most of those killed were Romanian farm workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway