Italy: 7 convicted for failure to give quake warning
L’aquila: Seven scientists and experts were reportedly convicted by an Italian court on Monday for failure on their part to issue a warning for an earthquake that struck central Italy in 2009 killing over 300 people.
The convicted scientists and experts were given a sentence of six-years in prison, as per reports.
In Italy, convictions aren`t definitive until after an appeals trial, so it is unlikely any of the defendants would face jail immediately.
Scientists worldwide had decried the trial as ridiculous, contending that science has no way to predict quakes.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites