Italy: 7 convicted for failure to give quake warning
L’aquila: Seven scientists and experts were reportedly convicted by an Italian court on Monday for failure on their part to issue a warning for an earthquake that struck central Italy in 2009 killing over 300 people.
The convicted scientists and experts were given a sentence of six-years in prison, as per reports.
In Italy, convictions aren`t definitive until after an appeals trial, so it is unlikely any of the defendants would face jail immediately.
Scientists worldwide had decried the trial as ridiculous, contending that science has no way to predict quakes.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi