Italy: 7 convicted for failure to give quake warning
L’aquila: Seven scientists and experts were reportedly convicted by an Italian court on Monday for failure on their part to issue a warning for an earthquake that struck central Italy in 2009 killing over 300 people.
The convicted scientists and experts were given a sentence of six-years in prison, as per reports.
In Italy, convictions aren`t definitive until after an appeals trial, so it is unlikely any of the defendants would face jail immediately.
Scientists worldwide had decried the trial as ridiculous, contending that science has no way to predict quakes.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you