Italy: Berlusconi insists he will stay in politics
Rome: Silvio Berlusconi is insisting he will stay in Italian politics even if his fellow senators strip him of his Senate seat after his tax fraud conviction.
The former premier also vowed anew in a pre-recorded video appearance on major Italian TV networks today to try to have the conviction overturned at Italy`s constitutional court and the European human rights court.
He says he is "absolutely innocent."
The media mogul`s 16-minute speech aired shortly before a Senate committee was to vote on a proposal by one of his center-right party`s senators to postpone a decision on ousting him until his appeals are complete.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?