Italy: Costa Concordia captain’s uniform on sale
Rome: The uniform of the shamed captain of luxury cruise ship Costa Concordia, which ran aground off the island of Giglio last month, is now on sale in Italy.
Captain Francesco Schettino’s costume is in high-demand for the annual ‘Milan Festival’ where Milanese dress up as famous public figures.
According to The Daily Mail, the usual Silvio Berlusconi parodies have been dropped this time in favour of Schettino, the man branded ‘Captain Coward’ for fleeing the sinking ship after it struck rocks off the Italian coast in the Mediterranean.
A famous Italian boutique Bottega del Carnevale in Brera has reproduced the white linen shirt and a hat wore by Schettino, and is retailing for more than 40 pounds.
Captain Schettino is not the first person connected with the stricken Costa Concordia to become an unintended fashion icon following the disaster.
Harbour master Gregorio De Falco, the man who told the cowardly Costa Concordia captain to ‘Get Back on Board for ship’ became a national hero.
T-shirts with his phrase in Italian ‘Vada a Bordo, Cazzo’ (Get on board, damn it) were being snapped up for 12 pounds after an enterprising online clothing store advertised them eBay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley