Italy: Costa Concordia captain’s uniform on sale
Rome: The uniform of the shamed captain of luxury cruise ship Costa Concordia, which ran aground off the island of Giglio last month, is now on sale in Italy.
Captain Francesco Schettino’s costume is in high-demand for the annual ‘Milan Festival’ where Milanese dress up as famous public figures.
According to The Daily Mail, the usual Silvio Berlusconi parodies have been dropped this time in favour of Schettino, the man branded ‘Captain Coward’ for fleeing the sinking ship after it struck rocks off the Italian coast in the Mediterranean.
A famous Italian boutique Bottega del Carnevale in Brera has reproduced the white linen shirt and a hat wore by Schettino, and is retailing for more than 40 pounds.
Captain Schettino is not the first person connected with the stricken Costa Concordia to become an unintended fashion icon following the disaster.
Harbour master Gregorio De Falco, the man who told the cowardly Costa Concordia captain to ‘Get Back on Board for ship’ became a national hero.
T-shirts with his phrase in Italian ‘Vada a Bordo, Cazzo’ (Get on board, damn it) were being snapped up for 12 pounds after an enterprising online clothing store advertised them eBay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video