Italy: Earthquake toll rises to seven
Rome: The toll from a 5.9-magnitude quake in northern Italy rose to seven on Monday.
The seventh victim of Sunday`s 5.9-magnitude tremor was an 86-year-old woman who died from a stroke after the quake, Xinhua reported.
Four workers, including a young foreign migrant, died in the collapse of three factories near the city of Ferrara in the central Emilia Romagna region.
A 100-year-old woman was killed in her bed and another 37-year-old woman died of a heart attack during the quake.
At least 50 people were injured, and about 3,000 people were displaced from their homes.
According to Italy`s National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV), the quake epicentre was located between the cities of Ferrara and Modena at a depth of 6.3 km.
The tremor was felt in Tuscany, Piedmont and Lombardy regions.
Prime Minister Mario Monti, who is in the US to attend a NATO summit, decided to return early and was expected to arrive in Italy on Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country