Italy: Earthquake toll rises to seven
Rome: The toll from a 5.9-magnitude quake in northern Italy rose to seven on Monday.
The seventh victim of Sunday`s 5.9-magnitude tremor was an 86-year-old woman who died from a stroke after the quake, Xinhua reported.
Four workers, including a young foreign migrant, died in the collapse of three factories near the city of Ferrara in the central Emilia Romagna region.
A 100-year-old woman was killed in her bed and another 37-year-old woman died of a heart attack during the quake.
At least 50 people were injured, and about 3,000 people were displaced from their homes.
According to Italy`s National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV), the quake epicentre was located between the cities of Ferrara and Modena at a depth of 6.3 km.
The tremor was felt in Tuscany, Piedmont and Lombardy regions.
Prime Minister Mario Monti, who is in the US to attend a NATO summit, decided to return early and was expected to arrive in Italy on Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report