Italy: Ruby offered €4,000 to model for sex
Milan: A male model said at the "bunga bunga" sex trial for former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi that he was offered EUR 4,000 by teenage Moroccan nightclub dancer Ruby to have sex with her.
"Ruby, who I put up for two nights at my home, said she`d give me EUR 4,000 if I had sex with her," Antonio Passaro told the court on Friday.
The 75-year-old Berlusconi is on trial for having sex with an underage prostitute, and abuse of office over his alleged relations with Moroccan-born Ruby, whose real name is Karima El Mahroug.
Passaro, who met El Mahroug in 2009, denied having any knowledge about her alleged encounters with Berlusconi in May 2010, when she was 17.
"I only learned of this from media reports," Passaro told the court.
Passaro, a former dancer whose stage name is "Manuel", told prosecutors how he met El Mahroug at a Milan nightclub and how she allegedly became obsessed with him.
When they met, El Mahroug told Passaro she was 25 and was a belly-dancer from the northern Egyptian port city of Alessandria, he said.
"I didn`t believe a word she said," Passaro said, claiming he had to move house to escape her unwelcome attentions that included bombarding him with phone-calls.
"I didn`t report her for stalking though, as she was clearly needy and I felt sorry for her," Passaro said.
El Mahroug and Berlusconi deny they had sex.
But Michelle Conceicao, a Brazilian female model who attended the parties and is a witness in the trial, told Italian weekly Espresso that Berlusconi definitely had sex with El Mahroug and paid her EUR 5,000 for it.
Conceicao said Berlusconi telephoned her last month and asked her to lie about his encounter with El Mahroug when she appears in court later this month.
According to prosecutors, dozens of showgirls and aspiring starlets received cash and other gifts for taking part in sex games at Berlusconi`s Milan home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know