Italy town says no to miniskirts that are too mini
Rome: Just how mini can a miniskirt be?
If an Italian mayor of a small Italian seaside town has his way, law enforcement officials, and not fashion gurus, will be the ones to decide.
The conservative mayor of Castellammare di Stabia, Luigi Bobbio, says he wants to restore public decorum through a set of norms that include banning football games in public parks, blasphemy, and "very skimpy clothes."
The rules are expected to be approved by the city council on Monday.
But what "very skimpy" means is a matter of contention.
The Italian press has interpreted the norms as meaning a ban on miniskirts, low-cut shirts and high heels.
Bobbio told the a news agency that miniskirts and other provocative outfits will still be allowed as long as they are not too revealing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug