Italy’s Berlusconi shows up for prostitution trial
Milan: Former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi is making a rare appearance at his trial in Milan on charges he paid for sex with an underage prostitute and then used his office to try to cover it up.
The media mogul made no remarks to reporters as he entered the courthouse on Friday. He has denied all wrongdoing.
A Milan police official was testifying about prosecutors` contention that Berlusconi told authorities the Moroccan prostitute, then 17, was related to former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.
The young woman, who uses the stage name Ruby the Heart Stealer, has denied having sex with Berlusconi. She attended Berlusconi`s private evening gatherings, known as "bunga bunga" parties.
Prostitution is legal in Italy, but paying for sex with a minor is a crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda