Italy`s embassies secure from anti-Islam film protests
Rome: Italy`s embassies and consulates worldwide are safe and being protected with "maximum vigilance" amid anger of Muslims over an anti-Islam film which has left at least 19 people dead, a minister said Tuesday.
"We have taken all necessary measures that the situation requires and we have no reason to directly fear protests or acts of violence just as we have no reason to believe that many Italians and Italian companies operating in these Muslim countries are in danger,"
Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi said in an interview with Italian state broadcaster Rai.
Terzi urged individuals and media outlets to exercise "utmost sense of responsibility" in relating to "political Islam" in order to safeguard people`s lives.
An ultraconservative Salafi cleric in Egypt Monday called for the death of all those involved in the US-made film, including its director and cast, according to terrorism monitoring service SITE Intelligence Group.
The filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a 55-year-old Egyptian Copt who was sentenced to 21 months in prison in the US in June 2010, has not been seen since Saturday when he was questioned in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in