Italy`s Monti condemns US blasts as `cowardly act`
Rome: Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti on Tuesday sent a message to US President Barack Obama condemning blasts at the Boston Marathon which left three dead and more than 100 injured as "a cowardly act".
"I am sure that even in these painful circumstances, America will know how to react by reaffirming the fundamental values of its great civilization," the outgoing Italian premier said in reaction to the explosions on Monday.
He said the blasts were "a cowardly act of violence that prompts disdain and leaves us shocked with its suffering and horror".
Security was stepped up in major cities across the United States amid fears of a repeat of the September 11, 2001 attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?