Italy`s new government wins first confidence vote
Rome: Italy`s new government has easily won a confidence vote of confirmation in the lower house of Parliament.
Premier Enrico Letta`s coalition of rival political blocs won the backing of the Chamber of Deputies tonight in a mandatory confidence vote on his coalition.
The Chamber voted 453 to approve the government, and 153 voted no.
The government faces a required second vote tomorrow in the Senate, where Letta`s center-left forces don`t have the majority.
But media mogul Silvio Berlusconi`s center-right party, which is part of the tense coalition government, is expected to give Letta sufficient backing.
Earlier, Letta told the Chamber`s lawmakers he intended to lower the tax burden on Italians in hopes of stimulating economic growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you