Ivory Coast: Ex-presidential spokesman arrested
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): An Ivory Coast prosecutor says a spokesman for former President Laurent Gbagbo has been arrested for crimes committed during the West African nation`s recent post-election violence.
Noel Dje Enrike Yahau said Justin Kone Katinan was arrested in Accra, Ghana, on Friday after returning on a flight from Johannesburg. Yahau said Ivorian lawyers are in Accra to negotiate his extradition.
Katinan was wanted under an international arrest warrant for economic crimes. Warrants have been issued for several Gbagbo allies believed to be hiding in West Africa.
At least 3,000 people were killed in Ivory Coast after Gbagbo refused to concede defeat to current President Alassane Ouattara in the November 2010 election. Gbagbo has been accused of crimes against humanity and is being held at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'