Ivory Coast: Ex-presidential spokesman arrested
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): An Ivory Coast prosecutor says a spokesman for former President Laurent Gbagbo has been arrested for crimes committed during the West African nation`s recent post-election violence.
Noel Dje Enrike Yahau said Justin Kone Katinan was arrested in Accra, Ghana, on Friday after returning on a flight from Johannesburg. Yahau said Ivorian lawyers are in Accra to negotiate his extradition.
Katinan was wanted under an international arrest warrant for economic crimes. Warrants have been issued for several Gbagbo allies believed to be hiding in West Africa.
At least 3,000 people were killed in Ivory Coast after Gbagbo refused to concede defeat to current President Alassane Ouattara in the November 2010 election. Gbagbo has been accused of crimes against humanity and is being held at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price