Ivory Coast expelling British and Canadian envoys
Abidjan: A top advisor to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo says the British and
Canadian ambassadors have been asked to leave the country in
retaliation for expulsion of the Ivorian ambassadors in London
Pascal Affi N`Guessan, a confidante of Gbagbo and the President of his political party , said yesterday the two ambassadors will be made to leave just as were their Ivorian counterparts.
Gbagbo has refused to cede power following the presidential election in November, which observers say he lost to opposition leader Alassane Ouattara.
Ouattara has sent letters to more than 20 countries asking them not to recognize any longer the diplomats accredited under Gbagbo`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion