Ivory Coast expelling British and Canadian envoys
Abidjan: A top advisor to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo says the British and
Canadian ambassadors have been asked to leave the country in
retaliation for expulsion of the Ivorian ambassadors in London
Pascal Affi N`Guessan, a confidante of Gbagbo and the President of his political party , said yesterday the two ambassadors will be made to leave just as were their Ivorian counterparts.
Gbagbo has refused to cede power following the presidential election in November, which observers say he lost to opposition leader Alassane Ouattara.
Ouattara has sent letters to more than 20 countries asking them not to recognize any longer the diplomats accredited under Gbagbo`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city