Ivory Coast expelling British and Canadian envoys
Abidjan: A top advisor to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo says the British and
Canadian ambassadors have been asked to leave the country in
retaliation for expulsion of the Ivorian ambassadors in London
Pascal Affi N`Guessan, a confidante of Gbagbo and the President of his political party , said yesterday the two ambassadors will be made to leave just as were their Ivorian counterparts.
Gbagbo has refused to cede power following the presidential election in November, which observers say he lost to opposition leader Alassane Ouattara.
Ouattara has sent letters to more than 20 countries asking them not to recognize any longer the diplomats accredited under Gbagbo`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed