Ivory Coast expelling British and Canadian envoys
Abidjan: A top advisor to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo says the British and
Canadian ambassadors have been asked to leave the country in
retaliation for expulsion of the Ivorian ambassadors in London
Pascal Affi N`Guessan, a confidante of Gbagbo and the President of his political party , said yesterday the two ambassadors will be made to leave just as were their Ivorian counterparts.
Gbagbo has refused to cede power following the presidential election in November, which observers say he lost to opposition leader Alassane Ouattara.
Ouattara has sent letters to more than 20 countries asking them not to recognize any longer the diplomats accredited under Gbagbo`s regime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement