Ivory Coast expelling British and Canadian envoys
Abidjan: A top advisor to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo says the British and
Canadian ambassadors have been asked to leave the country in
retaliation for expulsion of the Ivorian ambassadors in London
Pascal Affi N`Guessan, a confidante of Gbagbo and the President of his political party , said yesterday the two ambassadors will be made to leave just as were their Ivorian counterparts.
Gbagbo has refused to cede power following the presidential election in November, which observers say he lost to opposition leader Alassane Ouattara.
Ouattara has sent letters to more than 20 countries asking them not to recognize any longer the diplomats accredited under Gbagbo`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees