Ivory Coast official accuses UN of killing officer
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): A military
spokesman in Ivory Coast is accusing a UN peacekeeper of
fatally shooting a police officer.
Col Hilaire Gohourou, who is loyal to the incumbent
leader who refuses to cede power in the volatile West African
nation, made the allegation on state television yesterday.
The report comes amid concerns that foreigners,
including UN personnel, are coming under growing threat of
attack in Ivory Coast.
A notorious youth leader yesterday called on citizens
of Ivory Coast to barricade their neighbourhoods and chase out
The UN says incumbent Laurent Gbagbo lost the November
presidential election, and has been providing protection to
his rival, Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra