Ivory Coast official accuses UN of killing officer
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): A military
spokesman in Ivory Coast is accusing a UN peacekeeper of
fatally shooting a police officer.
Col Hilaire Gohourou, who is loyal to the incumbent
leader who refuses to cede power in the volatile West African
nation, made the allegation on state television yesterday.
The report comes amid concerns that foreigners,
including UN personnel, are coming under growing threat of
attack in Ivory Coast.
A notorious youth leader yesterday called on citizens
of Ivory Coast to barricade their neighbourhoods and chase out
The UN says incumbent Laurent Gbagbo lost the November
presidential election, and has been providing protection to
his rival, Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing