Ivory Coast official accuses UN of killing officer
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): A military
spokesman in Ivory Coast is accusing a UN peacekeeper of
fatally shooting a police officer.
Col Hilaire Gohourou, who is loyal to the incumbent
leader who refuses to cede power in the volatile West African
nation, made the allegation on state television yesterday.
The report comes amid concerns that foreigners,
including UN personnel, are coming under growing threat of
attack in Ivory Coast.
A notorious youth leader yesterday called on citizens
of Ivory Coast to barricade their neighbourhoods and chase out
The UN says incumbent Laurent Gbagbo lost the November
presidential election, and has been providing protection to
his rival, Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS