Ivory Coast official accuses UN of killing officer
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): A military
spokesman in Ivory Coast is accusing a UN peacekeeper of
fatally shooting a police officer.
Col Hilaire Gohourou, who is loyal to the incumbent
leader who refuses to cede power in the volatile West African
nation, made the allegation on state television yesterday.
The report comes amid concerns that foreigners,
including UN personnel, are coming under growing threat of
attack in Ivory Coast.
A notorious youth leader yesterday called on citizens
of Ivory Coast to barricade their neighbourhoods and chase out
The UN says incumbent Laurent Gbagbo lost the November
presidential election, and has been providing protection to
his rival, Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users