Ivory Coast official accuses UN of killing officer
Abidjan (Ivory Coast): A military
spokesman in Ivory Coast is accusing a UN peacekeeper of
fatally shooting a police officer.
Col Hilaire Gohourou, who is loyal to the incumbent
leader who refuses to cede power in the volatile West African
nation, made the allegation on state television yesterday.
The report comes amid concerns that foreigners,
including UN personnel, are coming under growing threat of
attack in Ivory Coast.
A notorious youth leader yesterday called on citizens
of Ivory Coast to barricade their neighbourhoods and chase out
The UN says incumbent Laurent Gbagbo lost the November
presidential election, and has been providing protection to
his rival, Alassane Ouattara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda