Ivory Coast rivals agree to meet
Lagos : Ivory Coast`s political rivals Laurent Gbagbo and Alassane Ouattara have agreed on a face-fo-face meeting to try to resolve the country`s political crisis, African Union envoy Raila Odinga said on Tuesday.
"We have broken the ice. They (Gbagbo and Quattara) have agreed to meet face to face but under certain conditions," Odinga, Kenya`s Prime Minister said.
Odinga spoke shortly before African mediators were to debrief Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria`s president and current leader of regional bloc ECOWAS, on their mission to the Ivory Coast the day before.
Odinga was part of a four-member African delegation that held talks with the rival leaders in Abidjan on Monday.
"We had useful discussions with the parties in Ivory Coast. It was a useful beginning. More efforts have to be made to achieve peace in Ivory Coast," Odinga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham