Ivory Coast stampede claims over 60 lives
Abidjan: New Year festivities have claimed 60 lives as stampede broke out in a stadium in Ivory Coast’s city of Abidjan.
The reason for stampede is still being inverstigated.A huge crowd was gathered in Felix Houphouet Boigny stadium to celebrate the New Year as per the BBC report.
Apart from this some 250 people were reportedly injured in the stadium where a firework display was held.
The rescue officials have begun operations and relatives of the affected reached the site which was strewn with the remains of the dead bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price