Ivory Coast stampede claims over 60 lives
Abidjan: New Year festivities have claimed 60 lives as stampede broke out in a stadium in Ivory Coast’s city of Abidjan.
The reason for stampede is still being inverstigated.A huge crowd was gathered in Felix Houphouet Boigny stadium to celebrate the New Year as per the BBC report.
Apart from this some 250 people were reportedly injured in the stadium where a firework display was held.
The rescue officials have begun operations and relatives of the affected reached the site which was strewn with the remains of the dead bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez