Ivory Coast stampede claims over 60 lives
Abidjan: New Year festivities have claimed 60 lives as stampede broke out in a stadium in Ivory Coast’s city of Abidjan.
The reason for stampede is still being inverstigated.A huge crowd was gathered in Felix Houphouet Boigny stadium to celebrate the New Year as per the BBC report.
Apart from this some 250 people were reportedly injured in the stadium where a firework display was held.
The rescue officials have begun operations and relatives of the affected reached the site which was strewn with the remains of the dead bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued