Ivory Coast stampede claims over 60 lives
Abidjan: New Year festivities have claimed 60 lives as stampede broke out in a stadium in Ivory Coast’s city of Abidjan.
The reason for stampede is still being inverstigated.A huge crowd was gathered in Felix Houphouet Boigny stadium to celebrate the New Year as per the BBC report.
Apart from this some 250 people were reportedly injured in the stadium where a firework display was held.
The rescue officials have begun operations and relatives of the affected reached the site which was strewn with the remains of the dead bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends