Ivory Coast`s Ouattara orders cocoa exports halt
Abidjan: Ivory Coast`s internationally recognised leader Alassane Ouattara on Monday ordered a one-month halt to exports of cocoa and coffee, a statement said.
The government of the world`s top cocoa producer "informs economic operators of the immediate stoppage of all exports of coffee and cocoa" starting Monday until February 23, the statement from his office said.
Producers and exporters who violate the ban will be considered to be "financing the illegitimate regime" of Laurent Gbagbo, who has refused to step down from the presidency in the aftermath of his contest against Outtara in November Presidential Elections, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers