Ivory Coast`s Ouattara orders cocoa exports halt
Abidjan: Ivory Coast`s internationally recognised leader Alassane Ouattara on Monday ordered a one-month halt to exports of cocoa and coffee, a statement said.
The government of the world`s top cocoa producer "informs economic operators of the immediate stoppage of all exports of coffee and cocoa" starting Monday until February 23, the statement from his office said.
Producers and exporters who violate the ban will be considered to be "financing the illegitimate regime" of Laurent Gbagbo, who has refused to step down from the presidency in the aftermath of his contest against Outtara in November Presidential Elections, the statement added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav