Ivory Coast`s Ouattara orders cocoa exports halt
Abidjan: Ivory Coast`s internationally recognised leader Alassane Ouattara on Monday ordered a one-month halt to exports of cocoa and coffee, a statement said.
The government of the world`s top cocoa producer "informs economic operators of the immediate stoppage of all exports of coffee and cocoa" starting Monday until February 23, the statement from his office said.
Producers and exporters who violate the ban will be considered to be "financing the illegitimate regime" of Laurent Gbagbo, who has refused to step down from the presidency in the aftermath of his contest against Outtara in November Presidential Elections, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan