Ivory Coast`s Ouattara orders cocoa exports halt
Abidjan: Ivory Coast`s internationally recognised leader Alassane Ouattara on Monday ordered a one-month halt to exports of cocoa and coffee, a statement said.
The government of the world`s top cocoa producer "informs economic operators of the immediate stoppage of all exports of coffee and cocoa" starting Monday until February 23, the statement from his office said.
Producers and exporters who violate the ban will be considered to be "financing the illegitimate regime" of Laurent Gbagbo, who has refused to step down from the presidency in the aftermath of his contest against Outtara in November Presidential Elections, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29