Jack Lew`s `messy` signature draws Obama attention
Washington: The apparently `messy` signature of newly nominated US Secretary of Treasury Jack Lew got the attention of none other than the US President Barack Obama, soon after he was named.
Lew`s signature, which looks like several spiralled `Os` was brought to notice by the US media, and termed as `messy` earlier.
As the country’s Treasury Secretary, his signature will appear on every new currency note in the US.
"I had never noticed Jack`s signature," Obama told White House correspondents after he announced Lew`s nomination referring to the latter`s signature
"When this was highlighted yesterday in the press, I considered rescinding my offer to appoint him," he said laughing.
President Obama later added that Jack has assured him that he is going to work to make at least one letter legible in order not to debase the currency, should he be confirmed as Secretary of the Treasury.
During the White House event, Lew also joked about his signature, telling outgoing Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner that they both shared a common challenge "with penmanship".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test