Jack Lew`s `messy` signature draws Obama attention
Washington: The apparently `messy` signature of newly nominated US Secretary of Treasury Jack Lew got the attention of none other than the US President Barack Obama, soon after he was named.
Lew`s signature, which looks like several spiralled `Os` was brought to notice by the US media, and termed as `messy` earlier.
As the country’s Treasury Secretary, his signature will appear on every new currency note in the US.
"I had never noticed Jack`s signature," Obama told White House correspondents after he announced Lew`s nomination referring to the latter`s signature
"When this was highlighted yesterday in the press, I considered rescinding my offer to appoint him," he said laughing.
President Obama later added that Jack has assured him that he is going to work to make at least one letter legible in order not to debase the currency, should he be confirmed as Secretary of the Treasury.
During the White House event, Lew also joked about his signature, telling outgoing Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner that they both shared a common challenge "with penmanship".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30