Jail for Asian gang of ‘sexual predators` in UK
London: An Asian gang of ’sexual predators’ in Britain who raped girls as young as 12 after picking them up from the streets have been jailed.
The ringleaders of the gang, Abid Saddique and Mohammed Liaqat, were told they would serve a minimum of 11 years and eight years respectively before they could be considered for release, reports the Daily Mail.
But because they have served 617 days on remand since their arrest, they could be released almost two years short of those minimum terms.
The pair, each married with a child, cruised the streets of Derby for victims while their unsuspecting families waited at home for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP