Jail for Asian gang of ‘sexual predators` in UK
London: An Asian gang of ’sexual predators’ in Britain who raped girls as young as 12 after picking them up from the streets have been jailed.
The ringleaders of the gang, Abid Saddique and Mohammed Liaqat, were told they would serve a minimum of 11 years and eight years respectively before they could be considered for release, reports the Daily Mail.
But because they have served 617 days on remand since their arrest, they could be released almost two years short of those minimum terms.
The pair, each married with a child, cruised the streets of Derby for victims while their unsuspecting families waited at home for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender