‘Jailed Bahrain activist granted bail’
Manama: Nabel Rajab, Bahraini rights activist, who was arrested earlier this month as part of the Gulf kingdom`s crackdowns on dissent has been granted bail at 300 dinars (USD 798) but he still must face another court hearing this week, defense lawyer,
Mohammed Ahmed said on Sunday.
Rajab faces charges of using social media to insult Bahraini authorities and encouraging protests. Bahrain`s majority Shiites began an uprising in February 2011 seeking to end the political controls of the ruling Sunni monarchy.
Ahmed says another hearing is scheduled Tuesday for Rajab, president of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights.
At least 50 people have died during unrest in the strategic nation, home to the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you