Jamaica probes child-trafficking ring; 1 arrested
Kingston (Jamaica): Government authorities in Jamaica say they have uncovered a ring involved in trafficking Jamaican children to another Caribbean country.
The Ministry of Youth and Culture says the ring was discovered as a result of a government investigation that began in January.
A ministry statement released yesterday say Jamaican police have arrested one person living in an unidentified British Caribbean territory, while ministry officials have taken one child into their care.
It is unclear how many children are involved or for what purpose they were being trafficked.
Ministry spokesman Huntley Medley tells The Associated Press that authorities are still investigating those details and that the agency does not have further information.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane