James Foley beheading: Is “John” from Britian the masked killer?
Zee News Bureau
London: Even as the world remains stunned by the barbaric beheading of US journalist James Foley, investigators have launched a massive manhunt to identify the Islamic State fanatic who committed the horrific crime.
The Guardian reported that masked man who cold-bloodedly slit Foley`s throat was a member of a British jihadi group known as `The Beatles`.
The newspaper claimed that the man identified himself as “John” and was thought to be the leader of a group of British fighters based in Syria. “John” was believed to be from London.
The group, nicknamed “The Beatles” owing to their British origin, handles international hostages, a former hostage said.
“John” is said to be a senior operative of the IS and was involved in negotiations for release of a hostage earlier this year, the report added.
The former hostage claimed that “John” was educated and intelligent but was also believed in radical R>
British Prime Minister David Cameron said it looked increasingly likely the man thought to be involved in the murder of Foley was British, but added that it was not a time for a knee-jerk reaction.
The British government has enough reasons to be worried as “John” presents a scary picture about the extent of radicalisation among British Muslims.
Also, there is a real fear that the gory propaganda video may lead to further increase in the flow of volunteer fighters towards IS.
The report further added that many IS fighters of British origin had taken to social media to celebrate the beheading of Foley.
Reyaad Khan, 20, a former college student from Cardiff who os now in Syria fighting for the IS, tweeted in advance a picture of Foley’s severed head, the Guardian report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!