James Murdoch leaving GlaxoSmithKline board
London: GlaxoSmithKline says that James
Murdoch has decided not to seek re-election to the drug
GSK said Murdoch wished to focus on his duties as
chairman and chief executive of international operations at
News Corp in New York.
Murdoch has been under pressure over his role in the
phone hacking scandal at News Corp`s defunct Sunday tabloid,
News of the World.
Murdoch says he was unaware of any indication that
hacking was rife at the paper, a claim disputed by two former
Murdoch will leave the GSK board following the annual
general meeting on May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire