James Murdoch leaving GlaxoSmithKline board
London: GlaxoSmithKline says that James
Murdoch has decided not to seek re-election to the drug
GSK said Murdoch wished to focus on his duties as
chairman and chief executive of international operations at
News Corp in New York.
Murdoch has been under pressure over his role in the
phone hacking scandal at News Corp`s defunct Sunday tabloid,
News of the World.
Murdoch says he was unaware of any indication that
hacking was rife at the paper, a claim disputed by two former
Murdoch will leave the GSK board following the annual
general meeting on May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah