James Murdoch leaving GlaxoSmithKline board
London: GlaxoSmithKline says that James
Murdoch has decided not to seek re-election to the drug
GSK said Murdoch wished to focus on his duties as
chairman and chief executive of international operations at
News Corp in New York.
Murdoch has been under pressure over his role in the
phone hacking scandal at News Corp`s defunct Sunday tabloid,
News of the World.
Murdoch says he was unaware of any indication that
hacking was rife at the paper, a claim disputed by two former
Murdoch will leave the GSK board following the annual
general meeting on May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations