James Murdoch leaving GlaxoSmithKline board
London: GlaxoSmithKline says that James
Murdoch has decided not to seek re-election to the drug
GSK said Murdoch wished to focus on his duties as
chairman and chief executive of international operations at
News Corp in New York.
Murdoch has been under pressure over his role in the
phone hacking scandal at News Corp`s defunct Sunday tabloid,
News of the World.
Murdoch says he was unaware of any indication that
hacking was rife at the paper, a claim disputed by two former
Murdoch will leave the GSK board following the annual
general meeting on May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?