Japan mistakenly tweets ‘North Korean missile launch’
Sydney: Officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama were left embarrassed after they mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean on Twitter.
The city prematurely posted that "North Korea has launched a missile" with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.
The authorities later said that they ‘received a call from one of their followers who had noticed the mistake.’
A city official said that they had the tweet ready and waiting, but for an unknown reason it was dispatched erroneously.
According to News.com.au, the city retracted the tweet about 20 minutes later and apologised to followers.
Japan is on full alert ahead of an expected mid-range missile launch by North Korea, with Patriot missiles stationed in its capital to protect the 30 million people who live there, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India