Japan mistakenly tweets ‘North Korean missile launch’
Sydney: Officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama were left embarrassed after they mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean on Twitter.
The city prematurely posted that "North Korea has launched a missile" with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.
The authorities later said that they ‘received a call from one of their followers who had noticed the mistake.’
A city official said that they had the tweet ready and waiting, but for an unknown reason it was dispatched erroneously.
According to News.com.au, the city retracted the tweet about 20 minutes later and apologised to followers.
Japan is on full alert ahead of an expected mid-range missile launch by North Korea, with Patriot missiles stationed in its capital to protect the 30 million people who live there, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH