Japan mistakenly tweets ‘North Korean missile launch’
Sydney: Officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama were left embarrassed after they mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean on Twitter.
The city prematurely posted that "North Korea has launched a missile" with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.
The authorities later said that they ‘received a call from one of their followers who had noticed the mistake.’
A city official said that they had the tweet ready and waiting, but for an unknown reason it was dispatched erroneously.
According to News.com.au, the city retracted the tweet about 20 minutes later and apologised to followers.
Japan is on full alert ahead of an expected mid-range missile launch by North Korea, with Patriot missiles stationed in its capital to protect the 30 million people who live there, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama