Japan mistakenly tweets ‘North Korean missile launch’
Sydney: Officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama were left embarrassed after they mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean on Twitter.
The city prematurely posted that "North Korea has launched a missile" with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.
The authorities later said that they ‘received a call from one of their followers who had noticed the mistake.’
A city official said that they had the tweet ready and waiting, but for an unknown reason it was dispatched erroneously.
According to News.com.au, the city retracted the tweet about 20 minutes later and apologised to followers.
Japan is on full alert ahead of an expected mid-range missile launch by North Korea, with Patriot missiles stationed in its capital to protect the 30 million people who live there, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan