Japan mistakenly tweets ‘North Korean missile launch’
Sydney: Officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama were left embarrassed after they mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean on Twitter.
The city prematurely posted that "North Korea has launched a missile" with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.
The authorities later said that they ‘received a call from one of their followers who had noticed the mistake.’
A city official said that they had the tweet ready and waiting, but for an unknown reason it was dispatched erroneously.
According to News.com.au, the city retracted the tweet about 20 minutes later and apologised to followers.
Japan is on full alert ahead of an expected mid-range missile launch by North Korea, with Patriot missiles stationed in its capital to protect the 30 million people who live there, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them