Japan passenger plane struck by lightning
Tokyo: A passenger plane carrying 145 people in Japan was struck by lightning Sunday night.
The incident took place around 10 pm, about 25 minutes after the plane had taken off from Kitakyushu Airport in Fukuoka prefecture, Xinhua reported Monday.
The aircraft belongs to Japan`s Starflyer Airlines. The plane landed safely around 11 pm at Tokyo`s Haneda Airport.
The pilots noticed a crack in the cockpit window after the lightning strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues