Japan passenger plane struck by lightning
Tokyo: A passenger plane carrying 145 people in Japan was struck by lightning Sunday night.
The incident took place around 10 pm, about 25 minutes after the plane had taken off from Kitakyushu Airport in Fukuoka prefecture, Xinhua reported Monday.
The aircraft belongs to Japan`s Starflyer Airlines. The plane landed safely around 11 pm at Tokyo`s Haneda Airport.
The pilots noticed a crack in the cockpit window after the lightning strike.
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today