Japan PM cancels US visit, under pressure to quit
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan has scrapped plans to meet US President Barack Obama in Washington next month, as pressure is building up on him to resign in coming weeks.
An American newspaper quoted a top government spokesman, as saying on Friday that Japan had stopped trying to organize Kan`s trip, which was to have taken place in early September.
The spokesman, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano, said that the trip was impossible given “Japan’s current political situation.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!