Japan PM criticizes nuclear safety agency
Tokyo: Japan`s Prime Minister has
criticised the country`s nuclear safety agency for having
acted as a promoter instead of regulator of nuclear energy.
Naoto Kan told an energy forum today that the Nuclear
and Industrial Safety Agency has tried to manipulate public
opinion at town meetings to promote nuclear energy.
He said the scandal underscored cozy relationship
between the regulator and the industry and must be corrected.
Public opinion toward nuclear energy has shifted since
the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that crippled the
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant.
The International Atomic and Energy Agency also has
criticised Japan`s murky nuclear regulation system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack