Japan PM criticizes nuclear safety agency
Tokyo: Japan`s Prime Minister has
criticised the country`s nuclear safety agency for having
acted as a promoter instead of regulator of nuclear energy.
Naoto Kan told an energy forum today that the Nuclear
and Industrial Safety Agency has tried to manipulate public
opinion at town meetings to promote nuclear energy.
He said the scandal underscored cozy relationship
between the regulator and the industry and must be corrected.
Public opinion toward nuclear energy has shifted since
the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that crippled the
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant.
The International Atomic and Energy Agency also has
criticised Japan`s murky nuclear regulation system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why