Japan PM criticizes nuclear safety agency
Tokyo: Japan`s Prime Minister has
criticised the country`s nuclear safety agency for having
acted as a promoter instead of regulator of nuclear energy.
Naoto Kan told an energy forum today that the Nuclear
and Industrial Safety Agency has tried to manipulate public
opinion at town meetings to promote nuclear energy.
He said the scandal underscored cozy relationship
between the regulator and the industry and must be corrected.
Public opinion toward nuclear energy has shifted since
the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that crippled the
Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant.
The International Atomic and Energy Agency also has
criticised Japan`s murky nuclear regulation system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?