Japan PM may visit China to improve ties
Beijing: Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan is reportedly considering a visit to China next spring with the intention of improving the soured bilateral ties.
The China Daily quoted the Kyodo News Agency as saying that if the visit takes place, Kan hopes to improve the bilateral "strategic and mutually beneficial relationship" between both nations.
Tokyo will seek opportunities to create conditions for Kan`s visit through all kinds of dialogue, and may send Foreign Minister Seiji Maehara on a preliminary visit China to pave the way for Kan’s trip.
The Mainichi Daily News on Friday said that Kan`s visit would be an effort to improve bilateral ties that have been soured since the September maritime collision between a Chinese fishing boat and two Japanese patrol boats in waters around China`s Diaoyu Islands.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry is yet to confirm the visit.
Sino-Japanese relations showed some indication of improvement when President Hu Jintao and Kan met on the sidelines of the 18th Economic Leaders Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation held in Japan in November.
Kan`s visit, if made, will be the first to China by an incumbent Japanese Prime Minister since Yukio Hatoyama`s in October 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks