Japan to select new PM Dec 26
Tokyo: The new prime minister of Japan will be selected at a special session of parliament Dec 26, the Kyodo news agency reported Tuesday.
The prime minister would then form a cabinet immediately to replace the existing one led by the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.
The special session is likely to last three days.
According to a poll, the main opposition party, the Liberal Democratic Party, headed by former prime minister Shinzo Abe, is expected to get majority in the general election along with its ally, the New Komeito Party, said Xinhua.
The lower house of parliament was dissolved by Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda Nov 16. The general election are scheduled for Dec 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena