Japan to select new PM Dec 26
Tokyo: The new prime minister of Japan will be selected at a special session of parliament Dec 26, the Kyodo news agency reported Tuesday.
The prime minister would then form a cabinet immediately to replace the existing one led by the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.
The special session is likely to last three days.
According to a poll, the main opposition party, the Liberal Democratic Party, headed by former prime minister Shinzo Abe, is expected to get majority in the general election along with its ally, the New Komeito Party, said Xinhua.
The lower house of parliament was dissolved by Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda Nov 16. The general election are scheduled for Dec 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic