Japan to select new PM Dec 26
Tokyo: The new prime minister of Japan will be selected at a special session of parliament Dec 26, the Kyodo news agency reported Tuesday.
The prime minister would then form a cabinet immediately to replace the existing one led by the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.
The special session is likely to last three days.
According to a poll, the main opposition party, the Liberal Democratic Party, headed by former prime minister Shinzo Abe, is expected to get majority in the general election along with its ally, the New Komeito Party, said Xinhua.
The lower house of parliament was dissolved by Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda Nov 16. The general election are scheduled for Dec 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report