Japan to slaughter 410,000 chickens for bird flu
Tokyo: An official says bird flu has been
detected on a farm in southern Japan and its 410,000 chickens
are to be slaughtered.
Miyazaki agricultural official Masuhiro Nozaki says
five dead birds on the farm were confirmed infected with the
H5 strain of bird flu late yesterday.
Nozaki said more tests were under way to determine
whether it was the virulent H5N1 subtype.
Nozaki said today Japan will send some 170 ground
troops to Miyazaki to help local authorities contain the
spread of bird flu.
Cars driving in and out of the area were being
disinfected and the movement of chickens and eggs from farms
in the area was banned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state