Japan to slaughter 410,000 chickens for bird flu
Tokyo: An official says bird flu has been
detected on a farm in southern Japan and its 410,000 chickens
are to be slaughtered.
Miyazaki agricultural official Masuhiro Nozaki says
five dead birds on the farm were confirmed infected with the
H5 strain of bird flu late yesterday.
Nozaki said more tests were under way to determine
whether it was the virulent H5N1 subtype.
Nozaki said today Japan will send some 170 ground
troops to Miyazaki to help local authorities contain the
spread of bird flu.
Cars driving in and out of the area were being
disinfected and the movement of chickens and eggs from farms
in the area was banned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview