Japan, US carry out joint nuclear disaster drill
Tokyo: Japan and the United States held a joint nuclear disaster drill at the United States Navy’s Yokosuka base in Kanagawa Prefecture on Tuesday.
The drill was conducted on the assumption that radiation monitoring posts had stopped functioning after a major earthquake in the southern Kanto region.
During the drill, a team from the Science and Education Ministry measured radiation levels and conveyed the data to the Yokosuka Municipal Government, the Japan Times reports.
Firefighters transported people injured due to collapsing buildings to hospitals, while US sailors and their relatives exited the naval base to a temporary evacuation centre.
The drill was the sixth in a series that began in 2007, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie