Japan, US carry out joint nuclear disaster drill
Tokyo: Japan and the United States held a joint nuclear disaster drill at the United States Navy’s Yokosuka base in Kanagawa Prefecture on Tuesday.
The drill was conducted on the assumption that radiation monitoring posts had stopped functioning after a major earthquake in the southern Kanto region.
During the drill, a team from the Science and Education Ministry measured radiation levels and conveyed the data to the Yokosuka Municipal Government, the Japan Times reports.
Firefighters transported people injured due to collapsing buildings to hospitals, while US sailors and their relatives exited the naval base to a temporary evacuation centre.
The drill was the sixth in a series that began in 2007, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone