Japan, US carry out joint nuclear disaster drill
Tokyo: Japan and the United States held a joint nuclear disaster drill at the United States Navy’s Yokosuka base in Kanagawa Prefecture on Tuesday.
The drill was conducted on the assumption that radiation monitoring posts had stopped functioning after a major earthquake in the southern Kanto region.
During the drill, a team from the Science and Education Ministry measured radiation levels and conveyed the data to the Yokosuka Municipal Government, the Japan Times reports.
Firefighters transported people injured due to collapsing buildings to hospitals, while US sailors and their relatives exited the naval base to a temporary evacuation centre.
The drill was the sixth in a series that began in 2007, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!