Japanese court recognises 10 suffering from A-bombings diseases
Kumamoto: The local court here today said
that 10 of 13 plaintiffs were suffering from radiation-related
diseases, an after effect of 1945 atomic bombings in the
cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by US during World War II.
The Japanese government last year had announced special
monthly medical allowance of 137,000 yen for people who were
suffering from radiation-related diseases due to the 1945
Since then a large number of citizens have sought the
medical allowance claiming to be patients of radiation-related
diseases however, in a lot of cases the government dismissed
the claims unauthentic.
What followed series of class-action suits filed across
the country with the latest case being the 19th defeat for the
Out of the 13 plaintiffs 3 had already earlier been
certified as patients of radiation-related diseases with the
latest ruling ten more have been recognised for the same.
Four of the 13 plaintiffs have died and the remaining
nine are aged between 71 and 89. They developed cancer and
other diseases after being exposed to radiation.
The medical panel screening atomic-bomb disease patients
have decided to add liver dysfunction and hypothyroidism to
the list of radiation-related diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’