Japanese court recognises 10 suffering from A-bombings diseases
Kumamoto: The local court here today said
that 10 of 13 plaintiffs were suffering from radiation-related
diseases, an after effect of 1945 atomic bombings in the
cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki by US during World War II.
The Japanese government last year had announced special
monthly medical allowance of 137,000 yen for people who were
suffering from radiation-related diseases due to the 1945
Since then a large number of citizens have sought the
medical allowance claiming to be patients of radiation-related
diseases however, in a lot of cases the government dismissed
the claims unauthentic.
What followed series of class-action suits filed across
the country with the latest case being the 19th defeat for the
Out of the 13 plaintiffs 3 had already earlier been
certified as patients of radiation-related diseases with the
latest ruling ten more have been recognised for the same.
Four of the 13 plaintiffs have died and the remaining
nine are aged between 71 and 89. They developed cancer and
other diseases after being exposed to radiation.
The medical panel screening atomic-bomb disease patients
have decided to add liver dysfunction and hypothyroidism to
the list of radiation-related diseases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know