Japanese father dies after setting himself and son alight
Tokyo: A man died after setting fire to himself and his nine-year-old son at a school playground in the Japanese capital Tokyo on Monday in what police suspect was a murder-suicide bid, a report said.
The boy suffered serious injuries and remains unconscious in hospital, Kyodo News quoted police as saying.
The 49-year-old father took the boy away from a baseball game with other elementary school children and their parents, and poured liquid on himself and his son before setting them on fire.
The man, who has not been named, died in hospital. Police found a lighter and a can which appeared to have contained kerosene at the school.
Police said the man lived apart from his wife and son and had been having divorce talks, Kyodo reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt