Japanese father dies after setting himself and son alight
Tokyo: A man died after setting fire to himself and his nine-year-old son at a school playground in the Japanese capital Tokyo on Monday in what police suspect was a murder-suicide bid, a report said.
The boy suffered serious injuries and remains unconscious in hospital, Kyodo News quoted police as saying.
The 49-year-old father took the boy away from a baseball game with other elementary school children and their parents, and poured liquid on himself and his son before setting them on fire.
The man, who has not been named, died in hospital. Police found a lighter and a can which appeared to have contained kerosene at the school.
Police said the man lived apart from his wife and son and had been having divorce talks, Kyodo reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi