Japanese father dies after setting himself and son alight
Tokyo: A man died after setting fire to himself and his nine-year-old son at a school playground in the Japanese capital Tokyo on Monday in what police suspect was a murder-suicide bid, a report said.
The boy suffered serious injuries and remains unconscious in hospital, Kyodo News quoted police as saying.
The 49-year-old father took the boy away from a baseball game with other elementary school children and their parents, and poured liquid on himself and his son before setting them on fire.
The man, who has not been named, died in hospital. Police found a lighter and a can which appeared to have contained kerosene at the school.
Police said the man lived apart from his wife and son and had been having divorce talks, Kyodo reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing