Japanese magician invited to Kim Jong Il`s funeral
Tokyo: North Korea has invited Japanese
woman magician Tenko Hikita to attend the planned December 28
funeral for its leader Kim Jong Il who died last weekend, her
manager claimed on Wednesday.
Hikita, who has performed several magic shows in North
Korea, received the invitation over the phone and via e-mail
from one of Kim`s relatives, the manager said, adding that the
magician has not yet decided whether to attend.
The invitation came despite the decision to ban foreign
representatives from the funeral.
The magician was invited to North Korea in 1998 and 2000
to perform magic shows and attend Kim`s private dinners, the
Kim Jong Il, North Korea`s mercurial leader whose iron
rule and nuclear ambitions dominated world security fears for
more than a decade, died at the age of 69 due to a massive
heart attack last weekend.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video