Japanese magician invited to Kim Jong Il`s funeral
Tokyo: North Korea has invited Japanese
woman magician Tenko Hikita to attend the planned December 28
funeral for its leader Kim Jong Il who died last weekend, her
manager claimed on Wednesday.
Hikita, who has performed several magic shows in North
Korea, received the invitation over the phone and via e-mail
from one of Kim`s relatives, the manager said, adding that the
magician has not yet decided whether to attend.
The invitation came despite the decision to ban foreign
representatives from the funeral.
The magician was invited to North Korea in 1998 and 2000
to perform magic shows and attend Kim`s private dinners, the
Kim Jong Il, North Korea`s mercurial leader whose iron
rule and nuclear ambitions dominated world security fears for
more than a decade, died at the age of 69 due to a massive
heart attack last weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy